We have served the New York transportation industry for over 23 years. Come join a team of professionals that help moves New York. It is a fast paced and exciting industry. Are you ready to be part of the movement?
It is a pleasure to welcome you and to thank you for visiting HerefordInsurance.com. We are a great company in an exciting industry with a very bright future. Hereford Insurance Company offers a challenging working environment and excellent pay & benefits in line with the market in which we operate. We want to attract, retain and motivate people that embrace the following standards:
1. Aim to satisfy customers every time
2. Challenge and improve all we do
3. Be passionate about the job
4. Act as a team
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in working at Hereford Insurance Company, please feel free to apply for the open positions posted below.
Kindly e-mail qualifying resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com or fax to HR Generalist at (718) 361-8078.
Attention: HR Generalist
Hereford Insurance Company
36-01 43rd Avenue 2nd Floor
Long Island City, NY 11101
We are an equal opportunity employer and, as such consider all individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes Medical, Dental, 401K Plan, TransitChek and more.
Job Title Subrogation Applicant Adjuster
Description Analyze and evaluate liability, policy reports, insured's statements and claim files to determine potential Loss Transfer cases for Workers' Compensation No Fault lines.
Experience/Other Details: Experience handling relevant subrogation claims preferred. Prior experience or education indicating an interest in the field, and the ability to learn through on the job training.
Job Title Receptionist
Description Answer/direct incoming calls and provide exceptional customer service to ensure "first-call resolution," as well as de-escalate issues. Trouble-shoot and provide clerical/mail processing support as needed.
Experience/Other Details: Politeness, cheerfulness and tact. Great listening skills and strong communications and interpersonal skills; empathy to effectively identify with clients/customers; diligence to maintain quality standards; attention to detail and the ability to remain positive when faced with a challenge; the ability to anticipate info customers need to know; prior experience handling high volume calls.
Job Title No Fault Fee Schedule Analyst
Description Join a dynamic company to execute detailed written reviews and summaries of the applicable fee schedule with explanation and support documentation for any NY or out of state billing including surgeries in and out of state, as well as apply and explain EAPG rules to applicable billing.
Experience/Other Details: CPC (Certified Professional Coder) with preferred experience in musculoskeletal coding, arthroscopic surgeries, physical therapy and pain management. Familiarity with NY Workers' Compensation Fee Schedule a plus. Minimum 3-4 years of experience; EAPG; Auditing; Excellent writing Skills.
Job Title Director of Claims
Description An excellent opportunity to work at a Premier New York commercial auto carrier who is actively seeking a self-motivated claims director, legal background is a plus, carrier experience is a must to direct and oversee the operations of claims, and subrogation and manage legal department relationships. Provide guidance and sets policies on insurance claims for property, bodily injury, no-fault losses based on coverage, appraisal, and verifiable damage. Provide guidance on subrogation matters including applicant and respondent sides. Provide guidance on reinsurance agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities Ensure the company is aware of any changes to legislation, regulations, and case law which pertain to insurance claims that should be implemented.
- Generate dash board reports for submission to high level management and to the department management for discussion and action if necessary.
- Conduct round table discussions for claims/subrogation/legal.
- Creating and implement philosophies as approved by management.
Qualifications Minimum 10 years of experience negotiating claims, handling litigation, conducting claims audits, interpreting insurance law regulations and policies.
Job Title Auto Bodily Injury Senior Adjuster
Job Description Responsible for the investigation, evaluation and negotiation of complex bodily injury claims. Must be able to manage multiple disciplines and have good analytical, documentation, negotiation and litigation management skills. Must handle complex litigated and non-litigated bodily injury claims.
Experience / Other Details The suitable candidate will have minimum 10 years of experience handling BI litigation with the ability to manage multiple disciplines and have a good analytical skills, documentation and negotiation skills.
Date 11/2019Job Title Workers' Compensation Claims Manager
Job Description Oversee two teams of adjusters, intake unit, medical billing unit, clerks and statistical reporting staff (HCRA, SROI/FROI). Ensure and manage complete and timely filings. Coordinate with supervisors for coverage on matters as necessary.
Experience / Other Details Minimum 8 years workers' compensation claims experience; proven management track record; for hire industry experience is a plus.
Job Title Auto Liability Claims Manager
Job Description Assist in the daily administration and management oversight of the company’s auto liability claims department including but not limited to the direction of all bodily injury, property damage and physical damage claim management functions and oversight and analysis of high exposure liability claims. Assist in preparation and review files for trials. Ensure and manage complete and sound claim investigations, settlements and litigation. Train personnel where appropriate and hold training seminars/regularly scheduled meetings to related topics for the claims department.
Experience / Other Details Carrier experience is a must and for-hire industry exposure is a plus. Auto liability claims management experience of 10 years. Strong communication, negotiation, writing and customer service skills. Proven track record in management of a team. Computer proficiency is a must in Excel and Word.
Job Title Facilities Assistant
Job Description The facilities Assistant will support the facilities manager with the upkeep of a 3 story commercial building in offices and about the premises as directed to minimize business interruption and improve efficiency including but not limited to building operations and maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, snow removal, waste management, and site enhancement services to make sure that the building is kept clean, presentable looking and in compliance with business ordinances.
Duties and Responsibilities Sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub, wax and polish floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines. Use ladders to dust and wash walls, clean ceilings and dust and polish light fixtures. Wash and replace blinds. Occasional painting as necessary. Move cabinets, boxes, furniture, creates and equipment to clean areas as needed. Remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions. Sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks. Remove trash and boxes. Ability to complete handy person type responsibilities, i.e. painting, patch work, etc. Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs. Occasional requirements are to stand or walk for brief periods.
Qualifications Minimum one year previous experience in facilities management including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, heating and ventilation systems is a plus. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Job Title Subrogation Adjuster
Job Description Analyze and evaluate liability, policy reports, insured's statements and claim files to determine potential loss transfer cases for Workers' Compensation on No-Fault lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and determine which claim files are eligible for Loss Transfer submission.
- Maintain a pending of 450-500 combined workers' compensation and no-fault files.
- Maintain a diary system for tracking pending files for recovery.
- Negotiate and settle files with adverse carriers, third party administrators and attorneys.
- Submit 10-15 files monthly to arbitration.
- Settle files on a monthly basis averaging $100,000-$120,000.
- Monitor pending case files for additional payments to be recovered.
- Conduct an inventory for closures at the end of each quarter.
- If handling Physical Damage Subrogation Claims:
- Receive referrals from Property Damage Unit.
- Review monthly payment to ensure no referrals missed.
- Send demand letters to appropriate adverse carriers.
- Send insured contact letters pursuant to guidelines.
- Refer to counsel pursuant to guidelines.
Qualifications Experience handling relevant subrogation claims preferred. Prior experience or education showing an interest in the field and the ability to learn through on the job training.
Job Title No Fault Medical Management Specialist
Job DescriptionA vital and highly analytical position responsible for the adjustment of complex, No-Fault claims. Must be conversant in NYC Insurance Department, Regulations 68; familiar with the process or identifying potential fraud claims for referral to HIC's Special Investigation Unit (SIU); familiar with the use of all No-Fault forms; familiar with HIC's No-Fault process to monitor peer reviews, independent medical examinations (IME), and the denial of No-Fault claims; familiar with the process of arbitration, subrogation, and legal suits resulting from No-Fault Claims Adjusting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate the relevant investigative techniques (EUO, SIU) as part of the claims process. Make coverage determinations and request appropriate investigation to facilitate proper handling of files.
- Forward NF1, NF3 Forms upon receiving a new No-Fault claim.
- Make immediate contact with the applicant, or his representative to gather information necessary to the adjustment of the claim.
- Index all No-Fault applicants (ISO), record and monitor responses.
- Maintain a diary of all files assigned to the adjuster.
- Review all No-Fault communications received on assigned files.
- Review and monitor files for closing.
- Review all medical and expense bills submitted for duplication, and issue payment as appropriate.
- Follow HIC's No-Fault Vendor procedures for the initiation of independent medical examinations.
- Medically manage through the proper use of IME and peer reviews as well as proper requests for verification. Request six month EOB's and review and document files with action plans and injury and medical status.
Qualifications Must be conversant in NYS Insurance Department, Regulations 68; ability to work in Windows software applications.